Monday, May 18, 2020

A Little Walk In The Garden

Following a lovely rainfall last night .
It was just day before yesterday that I tied up the drooping White Peonies so the stems would not break and I am so glad I did because the rain would not have treated them well !
The Snapdragons and Columbine are a nice addition to the White Garden this year .


 These are some of my Herbs (Chives, Oregano, Tarragon, Rosemary and English Thyme) that are are flourishing .
This is a plant that I have had for years and it never disappoints . It must like it's location and soil/rock conditions and sun exposure.  The name is Bowle's Mauve Erysimum , also known as Wallflower . It seems to me that it blooms all summer long .
This sweet plant is new to my garden this year . At the end of last season I picked up a few plants ar Walmart that looked like they were about to be trashed and of course they didn't cost much !  It's name is Glory 0f Sunninghill Azalea and it has Orange Red flowers . It was very small and acts like it likes Me !
The side of my driveway has a nice size flowerbed that has never seemed to me to be planted properly .  But I think that has changed with these Rhaphiolepsis - Jack Evans that bloom with purple tinge and bright pink flowers . Since I bought these at two different times I think there are two different varieties , but I can't remember the name of the other one . However, they all look the same to me .

Also, at the end of last season I planted two six-pack of Purple Echinacea (Coneflower) plants among the Rhaphiolepsis .  I think that will be a nice complimentry plant and they are so easy to grow plus I think they are self seeding .
 The cement ducks came with me to this home 25 years ago .
And , here are a few more pretties .

Iceland Poppies - more of them another time .  I have always dearly loved these flowers , so delicate and fragile but also proud as they stand so erect .


Never can have too many petunias ?
It is 3 PM , Monday afternoon and it has started to rain very heavy again . We certainly need the rain and the garden loves it .

Thanks for visiting me in my garden, today .

Be Well .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. No-there can never be enough petunias in a garden! I have a pot of the same red/white stripped ones and they are thriving. I am putting up a valiant fight to keep my snapdragons in bloom by deadheading the seed pods daily. But I think snapdragon season is about over down here. Bring on the marigolds and zinnias. I am so happy to see you blogging once again.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009