Saturday, May 30, 2020

So Much - So Busy

And , feeling so much better ?  Don't know why but I'll take it. Still have pain but it is more tolerable for some reason . Stress certainly makes my pain more severe and I think I am feeling more calm and free flowing since some of my life stressors have calmed down .  Also, haven't taken much time to watch the Big Box in the living room that constantly shows us a crazy mixed up life that doesn't seem to improve much . Seems as if it is getting worse day by day .

I have been doing one project after another outside , gardening (which I am loving) and general maintenance (fixing leaky faucets and spray painting garden furniture) along with a little  of this and a little of that . The list is long !
Recently, a nearby neighbor posted a comment on our Nextdoor Website that she was selling organic starter plants for seasonal veggie gardens . So I took a little drive over to her curbside , protected with my face mask and purchased a few plants . It was a little bit of fun with like minded gardeners !
I brought home three tomato plants, one acorn squash and one zucchini plant .  They are growing fast and I had to pot them up so I can prepare my raised bed . The soil is good but filled with lots of roots that need to be removed . It is a very slow process for me . I have already removed a large barrel full of roots ! 
My little collection of plants is getting larger .  I wish I could find someone to shovel the raised bed for me . Most of you know that my ground soil is not really soil . it is rock and clay !
It has been a few years since I planted tomatoes in the raised beds and they did not do very well . Very possibly the tremendous amount of roots interfered with good growth and anticipated amount of  production .

I just thought of a photo from years ago when I still had my precious sweet Cavalier King Charles doggie and she loved cherry tomatoes . Look at this sweetheart climbing a support trellis to get her daily treat! 
Pretty good tomato production that year don't you think ? About eight years ago .

And, of course Ivy is sleeping next to me as I type this post . Yes, she sleeps a lot especially during the day . Night time is play time . Go figure - she is a Cat !
Now a few flower photos .









Lots of wonderful color .  See you soon .


ps. It was a Gopher Snake , not a Garter Snake !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. My you certainly have been busy. Beautiful flowers as always. Your truly have a green thumb. Our list of small household chores has also dwindled over the last 3 months. Stay safe and healthy! And enjoy that sweet purring kitty.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009