Monday, March 12, 2018

I Am So, So, So Tired

From driving ALL DAY yesterday to pick up Ivy, my new roommate.  It was such a LONG road trip!
I am so glad that I traveled on Sunday.  I left at 8 AM and after I drove down the mountain road, about an hour, to the valley there was moderate to heavy fog for about an hour, but after that the weather was bright, beautiful and lovely.  When I got to the Wine Country throughout Napa area the grape vineyards were beautiful with the green hills and sunshine cascading through the hillside.

As you can see on the map it was a long distance to north-west of San Francisco!.  Without going into detail I had a little trouble finding my way in a couple areas on the way going.  Coming home was fine but by then I was already very tired.  Fortunately, my car is very comfortable and the drivers seat has great support for my back.  My car is 6 cylinder and drives beautifully.  So, no problems, thankfully!  It is so fabulous that I did not have any leg pain and have not had any for weeks!  My low back is about the same - tolerable.
The long trip home with Ivy was difficult for her but eventually she slept some.  She is very very shy and distant.  It will take some time to adjust and that is what I expected.  She is eating, drinking water and using her litter box.  She likes to hide in the other room but will come out and jump up to the window sill and sit and look out the window.  I think in time she will be an excellent roommate!

It will take me a couple days to recover and you can be sure I will post a lot more about Ivy in the near future.  I left at 8 AM and returned home at 5:30 PM and most of that was driving. My only stop was to buy gasoline.  I guess - I am still a tenacious gal!  It was SO GOOD to be home.

Until next time.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you’re back home safe after such a long trip. Rest, relax and enjoy getting to know Ivy! I’m sure she’ll get accustomed to you and her cozy new home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a moment when I wondered what I had gotten myself into, but only a moment. I am thrilled that she is making progress and beginning to almost have a happy face. No longer the "scaredy cat" look! Blessing to you.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009