Saturday, April 29, 2017

I Have Squatters

And, lots of them. In lots of places. No, they don't pay rent but they are very quiet! And, that is nice.

It's been going on for a few months now. They come in through the smallest crevices. And, many times they are just wondering around with nothing in particular that they are drawn to. Even with a SPOTLESS kitchen (which does not happen very often) they seem to like to come and visit. The ant control substance that I use has always been effective in the past. It is rather amusing to watch ðŸ‘€ them gather around forming a complete circle and then come morning time they will all be gone. Only to have sent their buddies to return for more visits. 
I am quite certain that the abundance of rain that we have had throughout the winter plays a big part of this ant situation. 

Outdoors in the garden is another challenge with all the ants that seem to be under every leaf . They are very busy doing their work. But, they can be very annoying when they start crawling all over me. The little ones are just annoying but the larger ones that bite are a different story. It didn't take me very long to learn to work cautiously to insure that they aren't working where I want to work.

Those "little black things" are scampering everywhere. 

 I usually just move on to a different area and let them continue doing THEIR WORK, which is important. 
     The Peonies are filled with some worker ants. 
Some of my herbs (Chives, Oregano and Thyme) are doing very well. I have some Sage, Marjoram and Rosemary scattered about in other areas of the garden and all of them look good. I want to plant
some Basil and Parsley soon. I like to make Basil Pesto and freeze some for throughout the year.
The chive plant is getting bigger every year.

I have been able to get a lot accomplished in the garden this week. As you know, it is a never-ending activity when you have a garden. The sunshine has been so very good for me. And, I thoroughly enjoy the growth of such beautiful growing plants and flowers. 

I hope all of you have a Wonderful Week.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, ants! I detest them, and they can be quite pesky to get rid of, but it looks like you have the situation well under control! Our peonies are actually looking like they'll bloom in the next couple of weeks, despite the tremendous amount of rain and lack of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009