Saturday, April 15, 2017

Are You Ready

For the Easter Bunny?          Can you wiggle your tail?

A very simple Easter Meal from a few years past.


As I recall, it was very yummy.           And, this was desert.                                     It was very good, too.


Today was a gorgeous day and I was able to do quite a lot of clean up in the garden. And, I was able to get my purple petunias planted at the edge of the Iris flowerbed. I am not sure if the iris in the new bed will bloom this year but they certainly look healthy. However, there are three different iris plants (orange rust, lavender and white) in other parts of the garden that getting ready to open. This has got to be one of the most fun years in the garden because the rains brought such beautiful results.

Tomorrow on Easter we are suppose to have rain during the day. Hopefully, all the Easter Egg Hunts will be over before the rain drops start to fall.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Rain stopped this morning for the rest of the day. That meal looks wonderful. Our last frost date has passed and I am off to the plant store for annuals tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I was so very happy to read that your middle daughter is doing better. It sounds like "a lot better". Praying for continued improvement. Thanks for visiting my blog. Mary

      Delete
  2. What a lovely table setting and scrumptious looking meal, Mary. I'll bet it WAS yummy! You have such a talent when it comes to setting up for and preparing a tasty, satisfying meal! Purple and Magenta colored Petunia's are my absolute favorites. We once grew Salmon colored Petunias in our greenhouse, and they were also quite lovely. By the way, I forgot to say how thrilled I was to see your little Hollyhocks are sprouting nicely this year! My seeds did not get planted last year as I wanted to buy a plant or two from a mail order catalog to get a jump start on things. But that never ended up happening. This year, my thoughtful niece surprised me with 6 Hollyhock seedlings that she started for me which will be a variety of colors. I'm so happy about that and what a nice surprise it was! Wishing you lots of success with your garden and all it's lovely "inhabitants"!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009