Sunday, April 23, 2017

It Was A Very Good Week

We had more Sunshine days than Rain days. And, I was able to enjoy working in the garden. Lots of weeding and raking. While I was outdoors I was noticing how many lovely flowers were in bloom. So, I started clipping a flower here and another one from over there, before I knew it I had a bouquet. Outside I found a metal pitcher in the garden and I just put the cuttings into it and Ta-Da! What a nice sight it is on the patio table.



Some Lady Banks climbing roses, Spiraea, Camellias and Lilacs. It is the first time the lilac bush has had any blooms, not many but some. And,  I am loving it. 
And, this very pretty Azalea has bloomed in the past but never this full.
And, you know me and my Iris ! ! ! This is a well established group and look at all those tall stalks just getting ready to burst open in my White Garden.

The refurbished Multicolored Iris Bed is looking terrific. In fact just before coming in the house this afternoon I noticed that two of the plants, each have a bloom getting ready to open. It was a big surprise! I think I mentioned recently that they may not bloom this year. Last fall when I was redoing the iris bed I had a lot of little iris 'odds and ends' that I just tossed on the yard waste pile and another bare spot in the raised bed that hasn't been planted yet.

Look at them now.  And, this is only some of them! I am hoping that I can give them away to someone who would like some iris.


 And, I will end with these vigorously growing Dusty Miller plants. I really like the contrast with the green foliage of the White Garden plants.

I hope all of you have a Great Week.

Mary 

3 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty and I've never seen a more beautiful azalea. We've had rain and more rain of late. Five inches in a day is just too much and more to come. My peonies just bloomed as did the iris, and more rain is to come this week. My poor flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your azalea is lovely. As you might guess azaleas will not grow down south in California without lots of intervention. I miss them because we had such lovely bushes in D.C. Let's hope for more good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pitcher with your flower bouquet is absolutely gorgeous! Your picture of it could be printed and framed it's so lovely!! Still looking for azaleas and irises to bloom here in the northeast. Yours are beautiful, and I'll bet your irises are going to be quite spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009