Friday, December 21, 2018

Spirit Of Christmas Past

I am so happy that I have some photos of Christmas past.  They bring me great joy.
I think this was five years ago and it was so enjoyable . 

I am feeling a lot better and the dark cloud that was above me has moved on . And, the sparkle of the holidays has filled that space .  Many posts that I have read have helped me to realize that many are feeling the emotional effects of how drastically our world has changed in so many ways, just as I have .  Recently I have read about the topic of Psychological Resilience and I plan to do  more studying on the subject.

This really  was a beautifully decorated tree with many ornaments that had been purchased as little remembrances of places I have traveled like a Cup and Saucer Ornament from The Fairmont Empress Tea Room, Victoria, British Columbia or a  Glockenspiel Clock Ornament from Munich, Germany or a Gold Glittered Lighthouse Ornament from the coast of Oregon or a Fuzzy White Sheep from Wales, UK.  They are all tucked in there somewhere !
 A simpler Christmas presentation.  And, certainly less time consuming in the preparation .

Holiday Greetings To All.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a gorgeous and spectacular picture of your hometown! You have such talent and an eye for decorating your trees so beautifully, and even when they are as your last picture shows, a "simpler" Christmas presentation. Your trees make such a lovely statement, no matter how you decorate them!! Wishing you and Miss Ivy a blessed and peaceful Christmas! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such fond memories of your little town. Someday we will return! We also collect Christmas bits and bobs during our travels. Our tree never looks as beautiful as yours, but everything has a special memory attached. Merry Christmas to you dear friend and best wishes for a safe and peaceful 2019.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009