Thursday, January 17, 2019

It's Working - I Did It!




I was almost ready to "throw in the towel" after spending some more time viewing some more YouTube videos and rechecking the work I had done on the dishwasher .

 I had decided that I was NOT going to venture into the ELECTRICAL components .

And then I thought I would take another look at the drainage hoses underneath the dishwasher .  Since I had just finished running a rinse and cancel cycle with no change in results I decided to reach under and feel the different drains at the connection spots to check on the temperature on each side of the connectors .  Much to my surprise the first connection that I checked had a hot feeling on one side of the clamp and the other side was cold !!  I released the drain clamp and used the WET vac to suction each drain tube and I dislodged a blockage on the side closest to the pump .  The junction of the two ends has a smaller circumference on the drain closest to the out drain that transports the dirty water to the garbage disposal and out of the house..
 DID YOU HEAR ME SHOUTING WITH GLEE?
 This is the connection that was causing all of the trouble !  It is such a relief to have it fixed .
I thought it is a good time to show you this sweet picture of my Great-granddaughter helping her mama with the dishes when she was almost two .  Oh, how I miss spending time with her !!
Look what I did. Yes, I baked a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting .  I sometimes make a three layer cake with six inch pans.  While working at cleaning out kitchen drawers in an effort to minimize I came across cake decorating tools like the one I used to make the designs on this cake . So easy and fun .  If you were here I would love to share a cup of tea and some fresh prepared cake !!!
Oh, by the way, I had to watch the oven temperature closely and adjust it so it did not jump too hot .  Very annoying .  I am not sure what I am going to do about it .  I really don't get the least bit excited about working with electricity . I am at the point of " pay for repair or pay for replace".

We are experiencing the beginning of wide spread heavy rainstorms and snow at closeby elevations .

I hope you are having a Good and Safe week.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on solving the dishwasher problem. What a relief to not have to hire a repairman. Your cake looks delicious and I would certainly love to share it with you!!!! I wish our homes were closer together. Are you getting lots of rain/snow your way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure am glad you were able to find the culprit causing you all that trouble with your dishwasher! I have to hand it to you, Mary, you are really a pro when it comes to handling so many of the household repairs yourself! And after all that sleuthing, I certainly think your delicious chocolate cake was just a perfect way to celebrate. Bet it tasted absolutely heavenly, and I sure would like to have shared a piece of it with you. Hope your rain has subsided.... We’ve had about a foot and a half of snow here in Western NY! I’m really looking forward to Spring ~ lol!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009