Monday, January 21, 2019

I Think It Was A First For Me

Yesterday was a grayish day with some brief sights of sunshine .  And, then in the afternoon we had a TORNADO WATCH for our county here in California .  Wow, what a surprise !  And,  about an hour later fierce wind and thunderous heavy rains came pouring down .  It looked like about 4 inches of water was rapidly flowing across my patio caused by the volume of water and the pushing winds !  It was so very noisy but thankfully it didn't last very long and the remainder of the day and evening was continuous rain . 
This photo is from the news forecast prior to the arrival of the heavy windy rains in my area .  The photo is taken across the acres of dormant vineyards. Fortunately, the threat of a tornado passed.  Today the skies are bright and the sun is trying to break through the bright white skies .
Now, a new subject .  Since fall of 2018 I have been formulating some time schedules for MAJOR home maintenance projects .  With the winter storms it has been a little difficult .  Long story short . This morning at 8 AM a roofing company arrived to replace the roof of my house . The roof  is about 30 years old and there is a huge issue of extensive mold, milder and green moss . 

With the unexpected serious storms of yesterday I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen with the roofers schedule .  Well, they (three pickup trucks and a large refuse transport) are here and three men are working diligently to remove the old roof .
I quickly took this photo when they backed into my driveway . I think I see rolls of new tar paper in the white truck .  It is pretty noisy in the house and Ivy is wishing they would go away . I think they will be here for a few days .  And , the weather is supposed to be dry through the week .  Let's HOPE.

Wishing you a GOOD DAY and hoping you are not being impacted by seriously inclement weather .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like some awful storm went through your area. We had just a bit of rain down here from that last storm. Good luck with the roofers. We just had our tile roof power washed and scrubbed prior to painting the house in September. The roofer said the 26 year old roof is in good condition, but he did replace 3 cracked tiles. My fingers are crossed that your workman finish during a spell of sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad nothing came of your tornado watch warning! I’m sure having a new roof put on has given you such peace of mind. So nice that the roofers were there despite the previous day’s inclement weather!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009