Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It's Been One Year

Since I drove almost all day to pick up Precious Ivy from a cat rescue foster home .  Her previous life of six years had been very traumatic for her and the family who had her from birth no longer wanted her.  She was far more of a "special needs" cat than I had any idea she could be .  Along with the hissing and biting I soon learned that she was also deaf .
I am so pleased to say that she has developed into a very gentle little girl that has learned to trust me and is a great little companion who accepts my idiosyncrasies as I deal with her idiosyncrasies .  None of us are perfect !  She is an indoor cat and the deafness is really a non-issue .  Surprisingly, hand signals have become useful and effective .
I am so glad that I have been able to provide a loving safe home for her to live out her life .
Like many cats she is frequently very entertaining in her antics jumping and running or just staring at something (that I can't see?) on the ceiling !  She will be happy when the weather warms and she can be outside in her Catio .  Aren't Pets wonderful ?
 Love your pets and two legged creatures every day . It feels good .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet face! I love cats, but late in life have developed an allergy to them which breaks my heart. I do get my kitty fix with my son and daughter-in-law who have 2 precious cats. Give Miss Ivy a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivy is so beautiful and precious! I’ve no doubt you each were meant for the other, and how fortunate for you both! The year seems to have flown by, but look how much has taken place between the two of you. Ivy has blossomed under your gentle, loving, attentive care, and that makes my heart so happy! And you now have a trusting, loving and entertaining companion!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009