Thursday, May 16, 2019

Jack Hammering All Day Long

And, Trucks everywhere you look .

A week or so ago I received a notice that several power poles in my neighborhood were going to be replaced .  The first thing that came to mind was the tremendous difficulty it would be to dig the new six to eight foot deep holes in the ground that is mostly large rock on rock .  There is a power poll at the corner of my White Garden and two more across the street from the front of my house .  
This first photo shows the new power pole being moved by crane from a truck to the ground .  This was the morning of the first day .  I don't think they had any idea that digging the new hole would be near as difficult as it is .  They have been working with Jack Hammers for two days and they still have more digging to do . That new power pole has been returned to the truck !
Most of these photos were taken from inside the house because I have been sick with a Head Cold since Sunday evening .  At the end of the second twelve hour day I went outside to take a look .  It is a little startling how the large rocks are visible all the way down . And it is a long way down !!!
To complicate the situation , rain started mid day but was not very heavy .

I certainly can empathize with their challenge as I reflect on the many many hours I have spent unearthing rock so I could plant my garden .  Of course, I did not have to dig at such a great depth to plant the garden .
They are working right at the edge of my fence and they have been exceptionally careful .
The first day they did preparation work at the top of the pole . These photos were taken from my front porch .
With the anticipation of rain throughout the night I took a couple photos of the White Peony that are starting to open .  Gorgeous !!!
And, yes it rained throughout the night and the large White Peony heads are drooping over today .

I have no idea how long all of this activity is going to continue .  But, it is good that the poles are being replaced and the transformers will be updated .  As I close this at midday the third day, the Jack Hammers are roaring !

Until next time .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Ruining your ambiance as we say whenever there is lots of noise and ruckus in our neighborhood! Maybe they will find some gold as they dig??? After the Witch Creek fire of 2007, SDGE replaced some power poles in the reserve behind our house. They brought them in with helicopters because it is very rugged out there. What a show from our back patio! I hope you feel better soon dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009