Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Date Is Set

The house exterior is going to be painted in June !  I am starting to get excited about it .  I  am firm on my color selection of  Yellow with Royal Blue shutters and Royal Blue front door .  This google image shows the color combination I am hoping for . I  have been looking at shutters on the Internet .  I am thinking , possibly paintable vinyl with a simple design .  There are only six windows in my little house and my painter will be installing the shutters .  The shutters should not be very expensive and I am hoping they will give my little house a little bedazzle, but NO rhinestones 😏 .
I like this style shutter .  They will have to be painted my choice of color .  Maybe I can use the same spray paint as I used on the table and chairs .   At least the same Blue color  tone .
I am still enjoying my Blue Bottle Tree .
Of course, I have been spending a lot of time in the garden.  
Many years ago when I moved here there was a couple areas of ground cover (Prunella Vulgaris) and I thought that since my physical ability did not include mowing a lawn I thought it could be a substitute for a lawn. Through the years I propagated the ground cover by collecting seeds and sowing them the following year to fill in bare areas .  The larger healthy plants in this photo are Daylilies and I am looking forward to them blooming, especially with the rains and the soil amendments and fertilizer I have been able to add this year .
This is one of those plants that is considered by most "As A Weed".  Remember one of the meanings of a weed is any undesirable or troublesome plant, especially one that grows profusely where it is not wanted !
The summer flowers of the ground cover are a bluish-purple .  This is the way the ground cover looks when it is getting enough water and flourishing .  This photo was taken a few years ago .  The flower stems are even coming up through the holes in the chairs !
Recently I ordered seeds of Prunella Vulgaris so I can try to fill in the bare spots of the ground cover  I think they have arrived at the Post Office already .  I will check today .  The Blue Shutters and all of these accents of Blue in the garden may work together very nicely. 

The White Tulips have finished blooming and the White Iris have started their performance as they sway in the slight breeze .
And - a little walk further in the Garden
AND SOME BASIL - Why not ?
I wish I had more time to blog about more of the garden activity . Maybe next time I can tell you about some of the perennials and herbs that  I recently planted .  

Hope the weather is enjoyable where you are located .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I think the color combination for your house will look spectacular. Please remember to post photos during and after the painting process for us to see. Your gardens are looking so nice and healthy. I bet people strolling down your street enjoy seeing the beautiful flowers in your yard. I just transplanted some tiny basil I grew from seed from one spot in the garden to a sunnier spot. They did not even wilt-basil are very hardy plants!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009