Sunday, December 22, 2019

The TIMES Are Very Different Up Here

It is so very disheartening how life as we have known in the past is continuing to dramatically change even in small communities that have felt secure and mostly tranquil .

According to a newspaper notice posted on Friday, by a nearby neighbor stating "Unfortunately we found that our whole area was hit last night . Damage to Christmas decorations to mailboxes and even stolen cars ."  It is shocking and terrible !  Thankfully , I was not hit .  And , it made me realize that my recent purchase and installation of a security camera at the front of the garage was probably a good idea .  I have turned the volume higher of the message that says " Hi , May I Help You?  And, I can see the front of my house including any movement on my tablet device .  I watched the FedEx delivery man react to THE VOICE  when later in the day I looked at my tablet !  Who knows if this stuff is helpful !  I just want to be safe !!  The light/camera is above the garage door .  I also have motion sensor lights on each side of the house .
 As you know my life is extremely quiet and simple these days .  It is challenging to greet each day with gratitude .  But , I never want to lose sight of how wonderful it is to be safe , healthy (for the most part), warm and cozy .
BEST WISHES TO ALL
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you dear friend Mary. May the New Year be full of good times and health.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009