Thursday, December 12, 2019

Walking Through The Holidays

How do I feel ?  I really don't know . It is different than any other year .  For the most part I guess I can say that I am good , not great .  But, the best part is that I have a feeling of calm and peacefulness like no other time in my life .
My cactus plants have been blooming and this is a small one that has a nice pink/peach color .  Even with some neglect this past year they have bloomed .  I  always enjoy when they start to show some color .
My little gal IVY has been a very sick little gal . She is a rescue cat and certainly has had some issues . Her adoption was considered an "AS IS" adoption because she was resistant to being touched thus making care and treatment very difficult. Most often change of behavior patterns can change very slowly . And, it was a couple weeks ago that I thought she was exceedingly restless . Her annual vaccination appointment was soon . But, I noticed a teeny little worm when I was vacuuming ! My response was "oh, NO . As you know , I have been letting her go outside on occasion . AND , I have not been faithful in giving her the monthly Advantage (multi) medication which is so unlike me !

Well , the long and the short of it is that I told the Vet that I thought she had worms .  So along with her rabies vaccine she was given another vaccine for outdoor cats as well as deworming medication.  I was of the thought that she may have come to me with the worms but with further review of her file I noted that Rescue had giving her deworming medication before adoption .  It looks like I was a bad mommy !

She was so sick the first day after the Vet visit . Did not want to be touched and slept all day except for food/water and litter box .  After a few days she is doing great and is like a new cat . No more frantic running through the house or staying up all night thus keeping me up all night . I am so so happy that she is feeling better.

I have continued my efforts in trying to find a doctor who will assist me in procuring some medication that will help me with my Seasonal Affective Disorder . After contacting about six different medical offices - no luck ! I did find one that would see me in six months .  Another one was a four month wait for a TELE-HELP phone appointment !  Hard to believe !  Just like so many things in our current social order - or - disorder .  We have had so many dark , wet , cold days of late .  I have started using Light Therapy again , but have not noticed any help .  I will continue working on a solution .
Sending Holiday wishes as you travel along these Holidays !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Good to know that Ivy is feeling like herself again. Your Christmas cactus plants are so pretty. I have a plain pink and plain peach just beginning to show buds. Yours reminds me of Apple Blossom amaryllis, another lovely plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Heavens Miss Ivy is feeling better. I am sorry to read you are not feeling 100%. Thinking of you dear friend Mary.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009