Friday, January 17, 2020

Mission Accomplished

Yesterday was my follow up medical appointment with my Primary Care Physician . He is in the clinic only two days a week and the waiting room was crowded .  There was an hour wait before I could see the doctor . But that was OK because in the past he has spent inordinate amount of time with me when needed at the expense of the next scheduled patient and those after .

He first asked me what my first concern was and I explained my long endeavor to find a psychiatrist to adjust my antidepressant medication to assist me in living a much more comfortable life .  My Seasonal Affective Disorder has been getting much worse each winter.  I had done a lot of research and had copied some info from the Internet.  I was determined to get what I needed and that was my uppermost thought in my mind .  I knew I had to find a way even though he said it was not in his area of expertise and I would have to see a psychiatrist .  Clearly, the issue was that I could not find a Psychiatrist .  I asked if we could work it out together .  He knows that I am a retired Registered Nurse  .Before I knew it he was reading out loud from the computer medical data on medications for my issues . We determined that discontinuation of my current medication which is the highest recommended dose and starting the new medication at a higher dose than usually recommended for starting a new medication so I don't experience withdrawal which has happened to me in the past - - - and it was terrible .  My Mental Health (as they acknowledge now as part of Comprehensive Medical  Care) is a long life issue for me .

AMAZING to me He telephoned a Psychiatrist who counsels/treats via Tele-Help to review our plan and arranged a follow up Tele-Help appointment for the end of the month to discuss my progress.  I am feeling ecstatic and optimistic.

What more can I say for today .  Definitely - - - Gratitude !!!!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news that you now have a path forward. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how everything progresses.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009