Monday, March 16, 2020

Living Very Carefully

These times are certainly challenging to live in .  It sure is a unique adjustment and something that none of us have experienced in the past .  I'm doing quite well and not in need of anything at this time . Fortunately, I had done some extensive grocery shopping about five days prior to the first announcement . Not unreasonable amounts of products but items that I don't regularly purchase like canned soups and microwave dinners .  My kitchen is stocked quite well for the current time . The main items that I will have to get soon is cat food and cat litter .  Having lived alone so much of my life has made the situation easier for me .  Unfortunately , since I am in a high risk category because of age I will have to ask someone else to shop for me .

Because so many (I guess all) of my friends have passed away my life has become quite solitary .  Even though I no longer attend church it will be "very ok" for me to ask them for help . It has always been difficult for me to ask for help because of many past life experiences .

Yes, I live in a neighborhood but don't really have close neighbors .  The houses on each side of me and behind me are secondary homes . It is nice that they come up to recreate often . Nonetheless, there are always people nearby walking their dogs or going to main street where there is always a lot of activity . I still love living here and feel very fortunate to have my house !

Yes, SNOW started falling at 8:30 AM and continued throughout the day . There was a possibility of snow but here at 2000 foot elevation it was not really expected . One day of snow is great but with the current pandemic , I don't really want to be snowed in . That would just be "a little much" !

I have been somewhat surprised with the large number of people that are being mentioned on television this evening that have tested positive for the virus . So sad !!!

Now, a little update about my back .  Not so good . My new shoes with the good arch support came and are helping a lot . 
 When an aging spine has deteriorated discs it is so important to maintain good posture and the 1 1/2 inch heel is really helping the spinal cord from having as much pressure and pain .  Standing straight is so important !  The most pain that I am having is at the base of the lumbar spine .  And that pain has been a little scary for me . Because if that disc ruptured it can be an emergency because it can affect the bladder and bowel . 
When the back brace comes in a day or so that should help some more .
This is certainly NOT a good time to need a doctor .

I am staying very quiet and spending a lot of time on the sofa .  My activity is very minimal .  Needless to say , this is adding a lot of stress to my already challenging life with the invasive virus .
Blessings and Good Health To All .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009