Thursday, May 19, 2022

Unexpected - Trip And Fall Face Down

It was not and is not a pretty picture !  Tried to take a photo and decided against it. When something like a fall happens it is always a shock. I have tried to be so very careful throughout the years, especially out doors in the yard because there are so many rocks.  Falling always feels embarrassing even if you are alone.

Details aren't necessary.  But, the results are pretty sad and a bit overwhelming. I had been in a lot of pain from my back issues throughout the day but had to get something from the trunk of my car that I needed.  The fall was facedown on the sidewalk near the patio. So anyway, I have injuries to my neck, chin and lip. The bleeding on the lower chin took a while to get under control. My left hand is very swollen and middle finger is very bruised. Right thumb and wrist is very painful and very swollen. Lots of bruising here and there including my lip and chin.  And, my right side ribs feel painful. Quite sure that there are no fractures.  I used a lot of ice compresses as soon as I got in the house which certainly helped. Ace bandages have been helpful too. What a mess I am!  No sutures indicated.  Believe me.  I had NO intensions of going to the Emergency Room!!  But , OH, how fortunate I am that I wasn't injured more severely!

It happened a week ago yesterday and each day I am feeling  a little better.  But, having lots of aches and pains, also seeing more bruised areas on my body including my knees. Periodically, the pain in my entire body is so intense and it is difficult trying to do anything especially with my hands 

The two days prior I was feeling very poorly and felt a little discouraged. However I quickly have learned that "things" can get much worse and can happen in an instant.  I tend to compartmentalize "things" like this. And, I am looking forward to a month from now when these "things" will be much better.  Thank goodness, I don't foresee residual medical issues, unlike the vertebral disk issues in my back!

(From the garden two years ago)

I miss working in my garden so very very much. I can hardly believe how my life has changed in a relatively short time.  In the past year I feel like I have aged ten years! At least! And, the worst part is loosing my abilities to do so many things I have enjoyed so very much for a long time.  The pain in my hands from the fall keeps me from doing the simplest activities.  
 
I am looking forward to Sunflowers!!!

Mary

3 comments:

  1. I understand you are loathe to visit the doctor after your experiences over the last year, but maybe you should have your injuries examined? Take care of yourself dear friend Mary. I wish I was nearby to check in on you. Whatever will be happening in a month must be good from your small hint. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor dear, My husband and I are near 80 and our big fear is falling - It can lead to many consequences - DH fell on ice 8 years ago - broke hip - required two surgeries and has never been the same. Please take care so no infection can set in. "Falling" just happens - out of the blue we find ourselves on the ground - just hoping we can get up or have nearby help. So take care - in a way, you were lucky - you got up - no broken bones and no emergency room!~! Saying a prayer for you tonight. Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary Ellen, thank you so much for your very caring comment. I appreciate your kindness. I am healing but may have a small fracture in right wrist. I am keeping it splinted and watching carefully. Take special care to you and your husband.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009