Tuesday, May 31, 2022

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

A wreath on the side door brings a great reminder that the seasons have changed along with the thermostat moving higher!  And when I look out that door I can see the White Garden that is starting to show it's beauty even though I have NOT been able to do as much as pull one weed for a long time.  All of the garden flowers are starting to bloom.  It is such a joy for me.

We have had interesting weather this year during the past couple months.  Some rain which is good and then unusual frost that has damaged some of the new growth on several plants in the garden.  In fact, all of my extensive ground cover Prunella Vulgaris which is a perennial herbaceous plant that booms June through October has died.  There isn't anything left - not even a little patch !  It is just brown dirt !  Not sure if there is anything I can do with it considering my physical issues. 
  
     
For years it was so pretty !!!


Also, notable is the Fig Tree.  All of the new growth is dead. Never seen it like this in all the years since I planted it. I am not sure if it will bear fruit this year !
  
The white flowers are lovely and putting  on quite a showpiece. I just took this photo and thru the years I have shown you the huge variety of lovely white flowers that continue to grow so beautifully throughout the growing season.
 
I was so surprised when someone stopped at the end of the  driveway and commented that the "Garden was beautiful".  It made me feel so good especially since I have not been able to do much of anything out there !


This is an UGLY blurry picture of my Chin a day or two after my fall a little over two weeks ago.  HAPPY to say that my chin is completely healed and no more scabs or bruising.  And, no more bruising in my mouth around my gums.  I am so fortunate that I heal quickly .
 
My left hand and wrist are doing well accept for a little soreness in the thumb.  My right hand is pretty good but my wrist is still swollen and some discomfort with certain movements.  All fingers move well and no numbness, pain or swelling . I'm wearing a brace and "keeping a close eye on it".

I think life is feeling a little better with more physical abilities gradually becoming reality in my hands.  My back issues are something I will just have to live with and always take caution ! 

Hope the week is going well for everyone.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009