Saturday, June 3, 2017

Fun With Something New In The Garden

This is something new for me. Never have I tried to grow outdoor garden Amaryllis. Last year I planted this bulb and look what I have this year.
A few days ago I was nicely surprised to notice this healthy looking blossom about to burst open!
Certainly worth the $2 .98 that I paid. Maybe, I should have bought more? It sure looks happy where it is planted so maybe it will spread and produce more flowers in the future.

So fun to watch it grow. Yes, that's the way we gardeners roll!
And, look at those Dusty Miller plants. I have never seen them grow that tall in the past.

WOW.  WOW.  WOW.  It opened so fast today.  There will be two blooms and they are lovely. Just like the picture. About six inches across.
It has been a nice Saturday Surprise.

I continue to try and work play in my garden about two hours a day. I so much enjoy it but I am having a lot more pain in my back and down my leg. And, unfortunately, there isn't much else that doesn't hurt as well.    Knees, shoulders, ankles, fingers, neck - you names it. OK here is my faithful saying - - - It is what it is!

Wishing a Wonderful Weekend to all. I am linking up today with Dishing It and Digging It  .

Life and Linda
Mary

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bloom, I doubt that it would succeed out of doors here in Blighty.
    You live in Murphys! Well, as a Murphy I'm intrigued - can't have been anyone on our side of the family as we've yet to strike it rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blossoms with us. I hope all is well with you. I miss your updates. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009