Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Looking Forward To A First

On Friday I will be starting a CAL (Crochet-Along) Woodland Afghan under the direction of Lucy at Attic 24  .  It will be the first time I have ever joined a blog group to crochet a project.


I already have my yarn.  Aren't the colors pretty?  I ordered it from Lucy's homeland in England and the price and shipping were very reasonable .

Oh, I know -  I have lots of yarn but how fun is it to have new colorful yarn.  I am hoping that joining a CAL will help get me on track and stick with it.  I can't tell you how many times I have "beat myself up" for not finishing a project.  But, I am not going to do that anymore.  I now look at it as a pleasureful time with my yarn and I don't have to always finish a project. 

"THE SKY ISN'T GOING TO FALL" !!!  I have known people that never buy new fabric or yarn until the last project is finished.  But, I can count the number of people on one hand.  At this age, if the sky does fall - oh well!

The term WIP  (Work-In-Progress) is no longer going to cause me any concern. I am going to just listen to the click-click of needles or quietness of my hook and settle into peaceful enjoyment.  However, I don't doubt that working along side other crafters will provide added motivation when and if I get to the first lull (it happens to most of us) on such a big project. 

If you have interest in the afghan project, be sure and check out Lucy's blog.

I still have more work to finish with paperwork on finances and life matters.  But, I am mostly finished. Our weather has been quite nice.  We are suppose to get some rain tonight.  Actually there are three small weather fronts on the way.  We really need some rain badly.  We are very below average rainfall.

Stay well.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of your project. It looks like it will be beautiful when it is finished. I wish I knew how to crochet. I am one of those knitters who must finish a project before starting a new one. I am working on a very large afghan right now that has intarsia argyle sections and it is taking longer than I anticipated. Probably because I have to untangle the yarn bobbins every few rows. The pattern is free from Ravelry, but I did not like the non-argyle sections so I designed a different design with moss stitch diamonds. I am looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009