Monday, June 1, 2020

Repotting

I have been out in the garden for the past three hours even though I am in a lot of pain . If I had not been wearing my back brace , I would not have been able to do the watering and numerous tasks like picking up the cardboard from my painting project, removing spent flowers from the garden plants, preparing to do a little patch work painting where I am returning one of the hose reals to a better location , just to name a few of the tasks . Oh, I worked some more on the raised garden bed. l have been doing it for short periods of time whenever I work in the garden working on more routine activities . Call me an inchworm or a tortoise (take your pick), but, I will get the job done little by little . My ice pack is in place ! 

The outdoor activity was a good alternative and diversion to watching the TV (which I turned on this morning) and being reminded of the horrendous state of affairs we the people of the nation find ourselves living ! Having lived as long as I have,  certainly takes me back  to many times ( the list is too long to itemize) the world has been in a frightening super charged state of affairs . There is no question in my mind that current progressive technology including social media has highly influenced the awareness level of each and every one of us that we may not have had in the past . Don't get me wrong . Advancing technology is great . But, what a shame that social issues have never had the level of attention , financial support and intellectual contribution from the many great minds . Let us optimistically look forward to a time when the people of the world will live in more peaceful times and not a world that is totally destroyed by Hatred.  Just my two cents worth ! Wow , I didn't plan on giving you any thoughts on that .

Speaking again about my gardening - - -
Wishing you a good day and one filled with optimism for better times .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I have never had the habit of watching TV anyway and these days I am so very happy that turning on lone TV we own rarely occurs to me. In fact-other than the local news and PBS Newshour, the only thing we use that TV for is to watch old movies. I don't participate in Facebook or any of the other social media so much of the world does pass me by. Don't overdo in the garden dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TV viewing is quite minimal compared to most people who feel they have to know every little bit about today's crazy upside down world but is certainly influenced by the fact that I live alone and have little contact with the outside especially during the pandemic. Recently, I have been able to enjoy Netflix, etc which certainly gives me many more options that I really enjoy. My many interests like gardening, reading, cooking and more fill my time nicely. I know I will never live long enough to do all the things I would like to pursue. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009