Friday, June 10, 2022

DOG days of summer - But, I have a CAT.

Today I set up the CATIO for Ivy.  She has been very restless. Sitting on the windowsill in front of an open window just isn't soothing her desire to be outside in the fresh air !  So, I got busy and cleaned the CATIO up from sitting outside through the winter. Lots of dirty leaves and cobwebs.   It is so much more difficult for me to do this type of activity than in the past.  But, I knew she would appreciate my efforts .


I don't think Ivy ever smiles.  But, I can tell when she is happy!


She says she is ready to get in and lie down. 


Now, she will be able to enjoy the outdoors when ever she desires.


I always enjoy the fun pictures of kitty-cats!

Ivy is such a comfort for me.  Even with her "special needs" issues she is worth all my efforts to give her a loving home.  And, the love she gives me is priceless!

Do you have a cat, dog or other pets ?  Their unconditional love is so special!  They are always there for you.  I have enjoyed having dogs in the past, also .  Yes, they are very different from one another.  But, a cat takes less care.  And, that works better for me at this time.

We are suppose to have elevated heat today.  It will be the hottest day so far this year.  Maybe it is the start of DOG days of Summer.  What does that mean?

"For many, the 'dog days', evoke those summer days  that are so devastatingly hot that even dogs would lie around on the asphalt, panting.  But originally, the phase had nothing to do with dogs, or even with the lazy days of summer."

"Instead, the 'dog days' refer to Sirius, the brightest star in the constellation Canis Major which means 'big dog' in Latin and is said to represent one of Orion's hunting dogs."

"To the Greeks and Romans, the 'dog days' occurred around the time Sirius appears to rise alongside the sun, in late July in the Northern Hemisphere.  They believed the heat from the two stars combined is what made these days the hottest of the year,  a period that could bring fever or even catastrophe."

So. Now you know!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Miss Ivy looks very dignified. She is a lucky kitty cat to have you as her "mommy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a pretty lucky cat. I don't know if many would have the constant patience it talks but I never forget how lucky I am to have her sweet heart.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009