Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Tablescape Created In Bygone Days

The weather is warming in this area and the waterways are drawing people who want to fish, swim and do water related activities.  Since I enjoyed creating tablescapes in the past I am showing a favorite one of mine from bygone days.  This is similar to the one I posted in 2014 when tablescaping was very popular. 

Interests change and when "shopping shut down" a lot of different activities like shopping also changed.


A Fish Out Of Water


How nice of Ms. Fish and her babies to come out to play with me.  Doesn't this Mama Fish look a bit sassy and a bit glamorous? 


Look at these precious little salt and pepper fishes .


Tablescaping stirs many thoughts for me.  The creativity that one can put into this activity is endless.  The presentation can be "High End" put together with luxury items that may be readily available from ones own china cabinets and cupboards or in some case - "hiding places" . Thrift shopping can be a part of it or not . 

For me the little journey of creating a one of a kind little showpiece was grounded in putting together a tablescape that was pretty to look at and one that draws your eye to all the little hidden nuance of the presentation.  

The focal point of this table quickly became the Blue and  White Fish (Art by Diane) that I saw on Ebay for $4.99 (with low shipping) . What a find!  And, then one thing led to another and I was "on the hunt".

I do not live close to any of the stores that are common place for home items that you find in the cities, so my shopping options are limited.  However, I do have several thrift stores and a Dollar Store nearby.  Actually, the thrift stores are turning out to be a thrill of the hunt.  They are quite good . A half hour drive will take me to TJ Max, Ross, JoAnn Craft Store and another Dollar Store.  Many great items can be found on Ebay but I really resist paying high shipping charges!  That's just me Least I forget, there are many treasures to be found in my little (over stuffed, did I really say that) house.

This is so much fun for me.  I have always loved dishes .  As a little girl, I can remember having an old cardboard box that housed my dishes that were old and chipped and maybe cracked.  My box of dishes was kept in a special spot in the back yard where nobody could disturb it.  I would set a table and play house. I was always excited when I could add a new piece (chips and all) to my collection.

The fish shaped Studio Nova clear glass bowls are what I am using for our soup,  perhaps Gin Tomato Soup with  Pepperidge Farm gold fish on top as garnish.


Salad and Dinner plates are Ralph Lauren, pattern Mandarin Blue recently purchased from TJ Max. I love the simplicity of the dinner plate and the excitement of the salad plate.


Maybe, the menu will include a Ranch Wedge Salad and Asian Marinated Shrimp.

These Napkin Rings from Ebay are quite interesting to me .  I have never seen any like them, specifically the size which is larger than I have seen in the past. They measure 2-5/8 wide, 1-3/4 high and 1 inch deep .  

Look at the lovely inside design.





They are made in Czechoslovakia with the familiar Blue Onion design. Pretty!


Oh Dear - is she throwing you a kiss?

Since I first noticed Tablescaping on the Blogs, I have been amazed at the popularity of this creative endeavor. It seems to me that there are an endless number a newly created beautiful table settings. Just think about all the vintage,  lovely, beautiful and spectacular dishes that are being purchased by all these people across the world.  Amazing!

Some find this a great avenue for retail therapy and that is fine . The creative process is what I find the most enjoyable along with "being on the hunt" for a bargain.  And, you know I love a bargain !

I hope you enjoyed my little walk through memory lane .   As the years roll along I find that my life does not present as many snippets of my life to share. I certainly miss a lot of the activities that I have enjoyed so much throughout the years . And, I am so grateful I have had all these years to enjoy those things. It is only this past year that I have felt that I have entered the Aging Season of my life. And, that is from a physical (orthopedic) standpoint.  I think that is quite remarkable at 82 .  I am so blessed .

During the last day I have noticed a huge number of tablescapes on the blogs and that makes me so happy.  And, they are so beautiful! 

Hope you are enjoying some summer activities.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. A very lovely tablescape dear friend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I could style more than I have done. Maybe a summer party theme.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009