Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WATER WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

It is challenging to believe that this is just a mile or so from my house. No one was injured, thankfully! Because the water/creek is flowing so rapidly the officials will wait until the water force slows before attempting to remove the vehicle. No details yet on how the SUV ended up in the creek.


The rain water covering the roadway/bridge. Not far from this location there is a waterfall coming down from the hillside and crossing the roadway. The officials have been working all day to control the water flow.


Just too much WATER!.


And, more WATER!


Up the hill at the grocery store, one entrance is closed because of a sinkhole.


The sinkhole.


The current weather conditions are expected through this month and then I hope we get some days for some dry out time. I have not been going out partly because there have been a lot of vehicle accidents with people not taking enough precautions. I have never seen this much rain during a winter season. As we know the weather has been challenging and dangerous in many parts of the country. The emergency officials have been working very hard and long hours to take care of us.

This year I  have had three Amaryllis plants. One red and two pink and white. I am so happy that all three look like they are going to produce another stalk with more flowers. I can't wait. It's a nice surprise especially with this long dreary winter.

I certainly will be ready for SPRING.

The weather photos are from the newspapers.

I hope everyone is staying safe and sound.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. So goes the weather. Drought or deluge. That looks terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! TONS of water!! So glad your beautiful Amaryllis plants are doing fabulous! Their blooms sure do brighten up any day!! Hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009