Saturday, February 11, 2017

Good Morning Bright Sunshine

What a joyous morning when I opened the curtain it was such a spiritual lift with what I saw!              Bright, Bright Skies.

(google photo)

Yesterday, I managed to finally go out and shop for groceries. I was a few days overdue and continually kept "putting it off".  You know how there comes a day when that no longer works. It was rainy and somewhat depressing to see all of the excess water on the roads and ground that has no where to go. It was worse than what I expected to see. I thought of using my camera but then my afterthought was no, my heart wasn't in it!

I am very fortunate that my house sits higher than my neighbors and I seldom think of water challenges when it rains heavy except to be certain that my creek/tributary is flowing unobstructed. And, boy, has it been running high and fast even when the rains stop periodically. However, the third house down from me is quite a lot lower and as I drove by yesterday I noticed that the driveway was very flooded and most likely the garage was also. I hope it will all be OK. It is a second home for the owner and I don't know if they are in town. 

Unfortunately, this kind of radical weather seldom leaves without severe casualties to life. Yesterday, a three year old girl was walking with her mother along one of the rivers and slipped and fell down the embankment and drowned to death. TRAGIC. That was the second event. A week or so ago, a man on his way to work got caught up in rushing water and lost his life. Another TRAGIC event!  

And now on a HAPPIER NOTE. Our church (which I no longer attend) is having their 6th Annual Heavenly Chocolate Festival today.     THANKFULLY THE SUN IS SHINING and prayers are answered. The Festival is very popular and well attended. And, it has shown to be a wonderful fund raiser.
This is a photo from years past. They always have the popular Chocolate Fountain. Each year it gets more spectacular. I wish them a wonderful day.
Have a Wonderful Weekend.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009