Friday, February 24, 2017

White Stuff

No, it's not snow but HAIL. Wow, did it come down fast and heavy yesterday. I can always tell if the noise is hail by the sound of pinging on medal objects.
Before long it was looking quite white around here.
But, today the sun is shining brightly. Happy, Happy!
Sunshine - Sunshine - Sunshine.      But, it is Cold!       Earlier this morning it was in the high 20's. Lots of frost on the rooftops. 
Such a sad looking garden. However, I see lots of new growth and lots of green.
Lots of branches down along with leaves and winter debris that will have to be cleaned up. I hope I am able to do the cleanup when the weather gets warmer. But, I am not sure my body will cooperate.
The iris are showing nice growth. Have to wait some before I know more about some of the new things I planted.
Oh, a couple sweet snow drops!
And, these are the Naked Lady bulbs surrounding the sundial.
Beautiful lush green moss in many places throughout the garden.
New growth on the forsythia.                And the White Hydrangea.  Wonderful. 

This is the first time I have been outside in days. It felt good but a little nippy cold. Tomorrow, more rain and then a dry spell for about a week.

Thank you for walking with me in the garden, today.
If you garden, hope yours is giving you signs of new life. It is such a special time of year. New beginnings and all.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love spring and know you are chomping at the bit to get in your garden. This was the first year I hired workers to clean up the leaves and branches from my garden. I had already cut off all the dead flower stalks and made four piles of them. It was nice to have it up and hauled away.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009