Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Very Nice Day

It has been bright and sunny for three days straight! What a gift. However, another storm is rolling in to start tomorrow. Thankfully, the sunshine has really helped my mood.

The folks that have had to evacuate because of the Oroville Dam failure have now been able to go back to their homes. Wonderful! Of course, there is a lot of work continuing on the project as well as many other areas in Northern California that are experiencing dreadful conditions caused by excessive rain fall, flooding, sink holes, serious mudslides and dislocated residents to shelters and serious roadway conditions.

Since yesterday was so lovely, I went to the Ophthalmologist office to pick up new prescription eyeglasses which I am very pleased with.  They had been ready for days and days. And, then I drove to a nearby town to have lunch at a favorite restaurant called The Pickle Patch.


It sure does not look like anything special. But, looks are deceiving.  Actually, it is an old farmhouse that has been nicely revived into a lovely destination for lunch, and special events. Lunches are available Monday through Friday. And, special events are catered. The line was long for ordering lunch but moved quickly. And, they bring your food to your table.


After walking through what was probably the living room (which is now filled with small tables for guests) you then see the counter where you order. Everything is freshly prepared and delicious. It is mostly deli foods like soups, salads, sandwiches and deserts. Walking out the door you see on the left there is a covered patio with tables and then surprisingly there are beautiful gardens with umbrella tables and nice appointments.        Surprising, isn't it?           Feels like "a diamond in the rough" when you think about the ambiance.


And, this is another nice seating area with the summer blooming wisteria pergola.


The gardens are huge and appointed with water fountains, beautiful flowers, bird houses, decorative objects and various types of sculptures.


These photos are from their website.     I enjoyed great homemade soup and salad !  And, the sunshine was wonderful as I sat at a pleasant location in the gardens.

Yes, it was A Very Nice Day.

Take Care.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. A nice day indeed! I love little houses turned into eating places.
    I love the outdoor seating. That place is a diamond for sure.
    WE have a BBQ place here that once was an old house. I cant help but sit and look around guessing what areas of the house used to be.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place! I love the gardens. Enjoy the sunshine while we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful place, would love to visit it... enjoy every moment¡ Although I can already see you do! How wonderful!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to stop by. Happy Day to you. - Mary

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009