Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Fire Is Getting Closer

I am still here. Today there may be embers coming this way. Serious! I have friends who have lost their homes far north/west from me. Everyone I have read about are packed and ready to go. The firefighters and personnel are staying at a motel a couple blocks away from me. If, they move than I will have to give all of this more serious thought. I have not prepared to leave. I guess it is either denial or stupidity!

65,000 acres burned with only 5 % containment. Fast moving fire. Very dangerous. Ash is still falling this morning, but air is clearer, but as day goes on the air will get worse with increased smoke. I feel so sorry for all affected by this disaster. My personal view/point is that I am old and have had a full life. What will be will be. The young folks and families are working hard to build their lives and many may lose everything if this fire does not get contained. This fire has moved so fast jumping ravines, highways, thick forest and anything in its path. On Wednesday, the television was showing me scenes of flames ravishing the land like I had never seen before. If I have to leave, I do not know where I will go.

11:00 AM.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe dear friend. We have lived through a week evacuation here in San Diego in 2008 so I understand your feelings more than you can ever know. When they say "go"-you GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If evacuation becomes Mandatory at ANY time I will be gone like a FLASH! The reports are much improved this Monday morning. I can see blue sky. There is tentative rain reported for this week. That would be such a blessing. Stage 1 of relocation with CALfire started yesterday. Unfortunately, the numbers of lost homes increases when they can get a closer look. Thank you, Anita, for your support!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009