Sunday, October 11, 2015

Near Perfection

The roses in my little garden continue to bloom much to my surprise. It is wonderful!
 I imagine the additional care I have been giving them is making a difference. Also, the warm weather may be contributing to the longevity of this year's blooming season.

This is a hybrid tea rose called Signature that I ordered from Jackson & Perkins several years ago. At the beginning of this blooming season I was concerned about the health of my roses. A little TLC goes a long way!

The coloring of this rose is absolutely gorgeous. As the blossom matures the color changes to beautiful cream center with florescent pink tinged pointed petals.

Oh, how I enjoy my flowers! If I did not have them, I sure would miss them!

My state of mind as of late has been all over the place. It is like a roller coaster. It seems like I have lost my "mojo", not just a little but maybe all of it. Yes, I acknowledge that it has been a rough year for me as well as a lot of people.

Someone commented that they felt "lopsided" since the disastrous wildfires. There is such a feeling of unsettledness that permeates our well being. It seems as though the only place I feel happy is when I am outside in the sunshine - and puttering in the garden. I can not even imagine what it is like to only have a pile of ashes and no home to go to. Five hundred homes decimated to ashes! My heart aches for so very many people. It will take years to recover if there is such a thing.


I feel somewhat guilty for not feeling happier in my current life but it is what it is and I am trying my very best.

There is so much to be grateful for!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009