Thursday, October 22, 2015

Almost Finished

But, then, maybe not. I have not decided how large I want it to be. I probably will use it on my dining room table.
It has been a lot of fun because there are so many variations in the stitches. And, the color combinations are endless. It is a good opportunity to use yarn from "the stash". I am using Cascade 220, Peruvian Highland Wool that I used to make The Babette Blanket (below) a few years ago.
The pattern is the center mandala of Betty's Blanket. The photo below is an Internet image. Click the link for the pattern.
Unfortunately, the lighting this evening is not very conducive to taking photos of my mandala.
And, this photo below is of Sophie's Garden. Image is from the Internet. Click the link for pattern.
I enjoy picking up a crochet project most evenings. Especially when I am working on something that is interesting and not repetitive stitching. Of course, in full disclosure, I have many different projects waiting on the sidelines to be finished. I have always been in awe with people that finish each project before starting another. I have only known one lady from the past who approached everything she did in that manner. I think that is a behavior that was more the norm years ago before a lot of people had any discretionary funds. We humans don't seem to have the discipline like times past, like following the depression. It makes me wonder why most of us - have too  much STUFF. That's a joke!

The evening is getting chilly and it is time to snuggle with Lily and do a little "stitchy stuff".
It is always difficult for me to take "good" pictures of Lily. She is a very happy baby but I never seem to be able to get her to smile when I take a  picture. Unfortunately, she is exhibiting more symptoms of her heart disease. We are regularly in touch with the Vet. She does not seem to be in any pain. But, probably next week we will go to the Vet for at least some lab work. I love her so much!

Kiss your children and pets!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Your crochet work is absolutely beautiful. While I am an avid knitter I have not crocheted in probably 50 years. I should visit you and have you teach me how! Lily looks lovely. She is lucky to have you as her "mommy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that mandala! I've just GOT to get the pattern and get started on one. I love to crochet evenings too.. but it's only been 3 weeks since our move and my yarn stash is still hidden away somewhere in a box! I love the colors you used too.. I tend to use more pastels but love the brights so much. Keep inspiring me and I'll get started one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009