Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Will They Ever Stop Falling, Falling, Falling

I am beginning to think NOT.

It seems as though there have been more pine needles and acorns this year than any year in the past that I can recall. And, it looks like there will be a lot more to come. It only takes a few minutes before more leaves, needles and acorns are falling where I have already cleaned with the leaf  blower.
The acorns are not only heavy when carrying the full buckets (believe me) they can be quite dangerous falling from above. As they hit the roof or patio furniture day and night, the noise can be heard in the house. A bit of danger can happen if they hit your head or a person slips and fall on them!  Everywhere I look on the property, acorns are everywhere! There will probably be lots of little trees in the future.

LOOK - Some more blooms of this magnificent rose. And, there will be even more.



 The White  Chrysanthemums have opened with a nice big splash!
They are so lovely.
Again this year the plant has grown to tall heights. It is hard to believe that this started off as a little four inch potted Chrysanthemum. It is about five feet tall. And, you can see where I have had to tie it up so the stems don't fall and break. What a plant.
So much of the garden looks so bleak at this time of the year with the drought. But, I really enjoy anything that is blooming.

We enjoyed another autumn day with sunshine and then cool nights.
Take Special Care.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Those are funny looking acorns! I've never seen such long skinny ones... but can imagine how dangerous they could be while walking.. kind of like a floor full of marbles! I'm also amazed at how tall that chrysanthemum is - I don't think I've ever seen one so tall.. mine are starting to wane finally.. in our COLD desert nights here in central Oregon. I planted them late and got to enjoy them for about 3 weeks only. Your rose is exquisite too. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009