Saturday, October 17, 2015

And, They Weren't Kidding

This morning The Weather Channel had a local advisory alert reporting a Flash Flood Warning for our county including the wildfire area until 10:30 AM.

Shortly after I heard the alert it was as if the sky opened up and torrents of rain started to fall. I could hardly believe how heavy and loud it was. In addition there was thunder and lightening. My poor little dog, Lily seemed frightened "out of her skin". Comforting her was my number one job!

This picture was taken from my front door. The water was coming in sheets across the patio even though the area is sheltered by many large trees.


I did not want to go outside in the rain so these pictures were taken from doorways. 

I am so hopeful that the people in the burned out areas were not severely affected by this event. It was fairly brief but of course there is a high level of danger with mud slides and other inconveniences - especially if you are living in a tent or other less desirable situations. 
The world needs our prayers!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. You are so right.... there are so many areas that need our prayers... our own areas included... th is year has been horrendous for nature's rath and fury.. for sure.. I hope your areas didn't have much flooding. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009