Wednesday, October 14, 2015

White Bean Chicken Chili

Yesterday, was reported as the warmest day for the remainder of the year. That sounds like soup weather to me. Yes, the night temperatures have already started to lower and the heavier bed linens are creeping onto the beds. And, they feel good.

Now, what's this about soup?

How about something that is quick and easy - and yummy!

           White Bean Chicken Chili
                    Simple ingredients:
12 ounce cooked Chicken, chopped (rotisserie chicken, canned or simmered in water until tender)
Three (15 ounce) cans White Beans, drained
One (4 ounce) can Green Chiles
24 ounce jar Salsa (choose mild, medium or hot)
Three cups Chicken Broth
1 tablespoon Cumin - optional
Sixteen ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, grated. 

I did not add any cumin because mine was out-dated. With the salsa and green chiles it was adequately spicy for me. I have learned to do some tasting before I add any hot spices to a recipe that I haven't made in the past. Combine and cook ingredients except cheese in soup pot. After heated through, add the grated Monterey Jack Cheese and blend well until melted.

I have seen variations of soups similar to this one. Soups are so great to make because you can easily add or subtract ingredients.

I think it is time to check the use-by-dates on all of my spice bottles in the cupboard!

I always like to put small containers in the freezer for later use. Serve with a yummy multigrain bread and this makes a nice and easy supper on a cool fall evening. Garnish with sour cream, more shredded cheese or maybe a little crushed tortilla chips.

A walk in the garden. It was so good to see some honey bees in the garden yesterday and today. Actually, there were quite a few  buzzing around. It has been awhile since I have noticed any. I used to see many honey bees as well as bumble bees. It takes a minute to see the bee in the middle of the flower.

These yellow Gerbera Daisies are such a cheerful yellow color. I can't help smiling whenever I notice them! Smiling is good!

Hope you enjoy Your Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. That soup recipe sounds awesome - I'll have to try it! The daisys too are so sunny and pretty.... I've missed a few of your posts for some reason.. gee maybe because I'm still unpacking "stuff"!!! am now playing catch-up... I'm working on doing my own blog post soon I hope! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009