Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Is Popping

It is not a walk in the park, but close. Sunday afternoon I walked outside to feel the warm sunshine on my back and was so happy to see my garden waking up some more. What a joy it was. So, I went back into the house to get my camera to do a little and quick "point and shoot". No staging for photos, just walking along and oohing and awing! 
The white flowers at the top are what I am finding out to be quite remarkable. They are called 'Narcissus Thalia' and it is a pure white daffodil with two or three heads, each with slightly re-curved outer petals. The impressive aspect of these flowers is that they really last a long time. The blooms may look fragile but they can withstand a lot of wind as well as rain.
Aren't they magnificent? These have been rained on two or three times and still looking great. I think I picked them up at Walmart last November and did not get them planted for a week or more. And, look at them now. Can you hear my excitement?
The chives are bursting like I have not seen for a long time. It is hard to believe that my garden has done much of anything the last few years with the horrible drought. But, this year, my oh my, It is fabulous what I am starting to see. Behind the chives is a small White Hydrangea that I planted at the end of season last year. And, toward the right is a new little English Thyme herb that I just planted.
And, what a delight when I walked to the other side of the house. The sun was shining so lovely and you probably know how much I love the sun! The Purple Phlox is really bursting with color.
The seasonal creek runs along the right side, kind of parallel with the little pathway that you can see. On both sides of the path I see Daylilies starting to grow. And, on the far left side I can see some Alstroemeria which is really spreading nicely. I think I remember the color to be a shaded pink. Alstroemeria is the flower that you frequently see in the super market during spring and summer.
And, this year my Purple Gazing Ball is really "showing off" with all the Purple Phlox blooming nearby. The ball has been there since I received it as a gift shortly after I moved here over twenty years ago. I am so grateful that it hasn't been broken by the many tree branches and limbs that have fallen through the years. Oh, by the way, I "planted" it on top of a tomato cage!

I hope you enjoyed your little walk with me.

As you may know, March has been an extremely difficult and challenging month for me, more so than any. I am looking forward to renewed life just as my garden.

Happy Days to You.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. It is good to see you posting once again. Your garden is lovely. Isn't it nice to have water once again here in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I enjoyed the lovely walk with you, seeing all your beautiful flowers and new growth in your garden, Mary!! I only have ONE thing blooming so far, and that's a Primrose!! We keep having yo-yo weather, so I'm afraid everything is quite confused. My husband always asks about those gazing balls and if they have any significance. Do you know why they are so popular? I just may have to get one...who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon Mary!
    Well, this is one of my favorite ways to spend the day. Outside soaking up the sun, loving nature and feeling thrilled over the garden.
    Your purple phlox and Narcissus Thalia are both show stoppers, all of your garden is thriving.
    You have an amazing green thumb:)
    I love to garden too, and my veggie garden is actually growing-what a joy it is to be able to work in the soil and to feel the warmth on our backs and have sunshine in our souls.
    Thank you so, so much for joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009