Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Until I See You Again

Yesterday morning my Precious Lily told me that it was the day she would be leaving this life and would be going to the Rainbow Bridge and would be waiting along with My Special Man; Hans (His Schnauzer), Pixie (My Yorkie) and Puff (My Tabby Cat) for me to arrive whenever that time comes.




Hans (2013) The day He went to the Rainbow Bridge with Lily comforting him.







Puff and Lily taking an afternoon nap ( 2007).

This has been an extremely difficult time. Precious Lily had started having severe difficulty breathing. And she was no longer able to breathe if she tried to lie down. She had to sit up in order to continue breathing. She told me with her eyes that she couldn't stay with me any longer. We spent half a day together with me holding her up to my chest and carrying her outdoors for a little time while we waited for her veterinarian appointment at noontime. She was so cuddly and clung to me so lovingly. She traveled so well sitting up in her car seat and she was so ready to see our wonderful Dr. Ray. It had been one and a half years since she was diagnosed with heart disease and I am convinced without a doubt that it is because of Dr. Ray and his talent and compassion that Lily and I had this length of time together. Dr Ray telephoned me almost every Monday morning to check on Lily (and Me) during that year and a half and was very generous regarding the expenses.  
Lily meant the world to me. She was with me through some of the most difficult times of my life. Her loving tender care of me helped me so much through life's hard times. I will miss her forever but I know my grief is necessary and the pain of loss will lessen in time. I am so comforted knowing that she no longer is sick and no longer struggling for her breath.

What a beautiful life chapter I have been given by having this special dog, Lilithann sharing with me.

Mary

7 comments:

  1. Oh Im so sorry to hear about Lily. I absolutely have tears in my eyes right now. I know she she was loved and had a peaceful journey. You will be my thoughts and prayers.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for your tender comments.

      Delete
  2. Dearest friend, I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to her was beautiful and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to read about your dear Lilly. You will miss her very much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie, Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

      Delete
  4. Dear Mary, Oh, I am terribly saddened, my heart aches and my eyes are welled up with tears of grief for you at the loss of your precious, beautiful Lily. I wish there was some way I could ease the difficulty of this loss and transition to life without her, and your precious loved ones until you all meet at the rainbow bridge. I will be keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers..... Big hugs to you, my friend. May each day bring you peace, comfort and small joys to lift your spirits as you walk through this trying time. ♥

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009