Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Yes, It Is March

And, my flowers are from the garden. How wonderful is that? But, what a terrible time I have had trying to get this photo to look halfway decent! I hope it is just the lighting and not my camera. No, it could not possibly be me. HA, HA, HA. It really is kind of sad. I have a wonderful little camera but I have never learned to use all the settings and there are many. Maybe, my difficulties taking photos lately will push me to learn to do better.
The crocheted Spring colored doily is something new that I recently completed. I am beginning to think that it may be nice to make some more and I could use them as place mats especially for spring time. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK and the yarn is washable which is a nice added plus for table dressings. The pattern is called an Easter Mandala by Crafternoon Treats-April-2015.

We have been very blessed with heavy rainfall for the past several days. Several inches of rain and snow has been wonderful for the state's water supply. In the last few days we have had over four inches of rain. The snow level is quite close to me at 3,500 foot elevation. Unfortunately, the high winds have been fierce and caused trees and branches to fall. And, another storm that is expected to be colder is forecast for next week which could potentially produce significant rain, wind and snow.
This photo is from today's newspaper. 

The days are getting a little easier for me to deal with the loss of my Precious Lily. And, I am thankful.

Where ever you are I wish you a Warm Heart and Warm Hands.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Love your crochet Doily. I enjoy crocheting. The weather hear in North Carolina is in the 70's this week. very nice. Hope spring reaches you soon. Your flowers are telling you it on its way. Its also love sent from God. Glad your feeling a little better.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read that you are feeling better everyday. The rains have been wonderful haven't they? I think the idea of crocheted placemats is terrific. I really need you to help me with my rookie attempts with the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary.....Thinking of you. Just want you to know I'm praying for you, and I hope that all is well. By now, maybe you have more beautiful flowers in your garden to bring you cheer. Your roses are absolutely beautiful! I think I need to get more rose bushes in my flowerbeds. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009