Monday, June 20, 2016

First Day Of Summer

And it is a HOT one! I went outside at 8:30 this morning to take some photos and it was already 80 degrees with bright sunlight. Certainly not the best conditions for taking photos. But, I did my best!

There is a new cutie in my garden. I needed a helper especially since I am alone these days with only my very own heart beat. So I will just have to pretend that my new helper will follow me around the garden. Have I gone ding-a-ling? I don't think so!
There are so many lovely flowers in the garden that are showing their beautiful faces for the first time this season. Here are just a few. All of these photos were taken this morning. By the end of the day I am sure there will be more especially with the hot weather that is forecast for about a week. Yikes, it is suppose to reach 100 degrees.
I have had more time to garden this year and it certainly shows. And, it is so good for my spirit!

Last evening for dinner I made a little baked cod with a yummy topping.

Along with rice pilaf with roasted almonds and some freshly bought cantaloupe and I was "a happy camper". Something easy and healthy. 

Please enjoy your first day of SUMMER. Can you believe it - already? How many days until Christmas, did you say?

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Being alone can be nice sometimes. But I know your are lonely at times. Soon, maybe you can get you another little fur baby. There are a lot out there waiting on someone to take them in and love them.
    Your dinner looks sooo good! You must send me the topping recipe along with instructions on how to bake cod. You can email me through my blog.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new little companion on the garden bench, Mary! So many beautiful flowers have grown in your garden. I'll bet it's a lovely little piece of Heaven to stroll through! Mmmm, what a delicious looking dinner plate. You always know how to make everything look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009