Sunday, June 26, 2016

No Hearts And Flowers Coming My Way

From My Computer these days! It seems that quite often when I find myself in uncharted waters it doesn't take long before I wish I had seen the monster coming after me. I can still use the computer but there definitely are ISSUES! Wow, it is always such a time eater and I would rather be outside even though we are in a heat wave. With all the large trees on my little piece of property I can always find some shade. And, of course, there is always something that needs to be done outside. 
No new garden photos today, but soon. So many new blossoms each and every day. Some of the new faces are gardenia, gladiolus, daylily, dianthus, rose of sharon (hibiscus) calla lilies (bright yellow, maroon, lavender) and alstroemeria. I have been spending a lot of time in the front of my house pulling and cleaning up weeds and leaves. I don't think I have ever had this many weeds get out of control like this year. The wonderful rains helped the cause. But, it is OK. In fact, it was wonderful.

I am hoping to get some top soil delivered and then I can give some serious time to my "Iris Garden". It is totally cleaned up of weeds but there is so much hard clay/rock and a couple inches of planting or top soil would give it a very nice boost. I plan to take them all up and clean and trim them and then replant.  It would be so fabulous for me to see it look like it did a few years ago.
I know I have posted this a few times. But, I can't help it. I love the iris so much. I think if you click on the photo it will enlarge and the color and details will show better.

Flowers are such a beautiful piece of God's work of art! Oh, by the way, I am enjoying lots of butterflies, bees and hummingbirds. Another blessing.

Happy New Week!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Your iris collage is always a pleasure to see! Isn't it amazing how the beauty of a flower can lift your heart and bring a smile to your face?? I've been so busy tending to my own flower beds, mowing our 2 acres - which for a while there the grass was needing to be mowed every 4 days - and tending to the daily activities of life as a wife, mother, and secretary to my husband's tree care business. Then throw 2 dogs and 4 cats into the mix to look after....Phew! The days just seem to be flying by! I sure am glad I had a chance to stop by your blog today. :) Every visit is an enjoyable one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Irises, Unfortunately I do not have any. The neighbors do and I often see them trying to get rid of them. I may need to go over there next year and get some of their bulbs.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009