Saturday, December 10, 2016

No Really - All Is Good

You can find some of the craziest pictures on this thing called the World Wide Web !!! She looks pretty upset to me . Thankfully, I did NOT get to that point with my recent  foray .

In fact , I am hopeful that the incident is a closed chapter . But , first of all I want to say it was the most bizarre and different type of scam then I have ever heard of . The specifics are to lengthy to reiterate .  Sometimes our current circumstances make us more vulnerable then usual . Thankfully, we are not talking about a lot of money - but any amount is too much . I think the only damage will be my singed pride. 

I took action by doing some homework on the matter and immediately called my bank and put a stop on any related transaction . I have been receiving emails and telephone calls from the "offender" that I did not respond to until I thoughtfully prepared an email to send. I am blogging the email that I sent to them only in the hopes that my experience may help someone.

My email said, "This email is to notify you that the payment for this transaction has been terminated . According to the Federal Trade Commission and California State Law 3-Day Right To Cancel I am within my legal rights to cancel .  Your business tactics have been misrepresentative and fraudulent . There is no way that a New Computer (two days ownership) was in need of your fraudulent services . I will not go into detail as I am aware that you have had numerous contacts/complaints from other individuals who have filed reports of displeasure about your business services . I will be diligent in surveillance of all of your activities that may have impact on my personal business  This is a final notice to you . I will not be responding to your phone calls or any emails ."

And that was that . The emails and phone calls have stopped . I am optimistic that this chapter will be closed . Time will tell .

We have been having slow pleasant rains for days . The snow levels are getting lower, that meaning closer to my elevation . But it is time that I leave the house and run some errands.

Hope your weekend will be a Pleasant one.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mary! Your email was very well written and I'm so glad it stopped them in their tracks of being any further of a nuisance to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your input on my email. You are so kind.

      Delete
    2. Hope you're having a good start to the week, and making progress with your new computer, Mary! Blessings to you!!

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009