Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Stepping Away

But - - - just for a little time until I get comfortable with my new Laptop (windows 10) and Printer. You know how it goes with all the Internet connections, transferring files and data, moving the old and setting up the new electronics. I have spent  most of the day with activity related to new electronics.

Unfortunately, I encountered a drop-down message this morning soon after I turned the computer on. It stated that it was urgent to call a certain phone number to ensure that my computer would not be damaged by unsafe software. Without going into detail. I will say that the activity caused me great aggravation. The long and the short of it is - It was a scam. And, it has taken a lot of time to reverse unwanted activity on my new computer. I did a lot of google information gathering and found that  there have been many complaints reported to the Better Business Bureau. If you are interested in more specifics just leave me a comment or email.

To say the least, I am very tired tonight and do not plan to blog until my computer learning curve is further along.

With all the things that are taking my attention and energy it is going to be just fine that my Christmas holidays are going to be quiet. But, don't be surprised if something comes up that I want to blog about. Like, maybe winning the lottery! HA-HA.




Mary

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, how frustrating! I truly feel for you as over the years we have been victims of scams. Luckily, we have never fallen for any of them and are very diligent about keeping our Norton up to date. And those darn scamming phone calls are enough to drive a person batty! I hope you are "up and running" again very soon. Getting any snow yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, your thoughts are appreciated. My firewalls were in tact and working. I also have an additional AdBlock program that has been very good in the past. The whole thing is rather bizarre. There is always something to learn from these experiences.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! You can't even have a break from scams on a brand new computer!!! Sure do hope you get things up and running smoothly from this point forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is looking a lot better. I acknowledge my foolish part in this inconvenience.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009