Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Today Is The Big Delivery

Yes, my new laptop and printer are expected to arrive today in the afternoon and I really am excited. I think it is my Christmas present to ME. Pretty nice one at that. However, I am not very excited about the whole set-up thing. It would be nice to have someone around to help or answer the many questions that I know I will have. In my limited contacts with people I must find someone who knows more than I do about computers.


It is chilly outdoors and I have to go out and clean up a lot more leaves. On Friday, my neighbor blew all the many many leaves off my roof for which I am very grateful. I told him I would clean up all the leaves and mess. I wasn't able to get it all finished so out I go to finish the job. I filled 5, yes, 5 more large trash barrels with leaves and pine needles.


I also was able to clean the leaf covered new Iris Garden Bed. Iris are subject to fungus, so I thought perhaps good drainage along with good air circulation may help to avoid unwanted conditions.


It looks light everyone of the newly planted are doing well. Weeds are starting to come up. If it isn't one thing it's another. One thing about the drought was that the weeds weren't much of an issue. With the rains, which are very good, means more weeds.

AFTERNOON UPDATE - - - The computer and printer arrived. I know what I will be doing tonight.

Hope your week is starting off nicely.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. You've been keeping busy, and the leaf removal in your flower garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, my optimism in having lots of Iris blooming next year will come to fruition. The first year will probably be a little slim on the quanity. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009