Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Do You Like This

I think this is such a good sign that I "got out the needles"! It seems like a long time since I have had any interest in doing something that I usually really enjoy.


This lovely yarn is a Thick - Thin Yarn that is Knit with the thin sections and Purled when the Thick part of the yarn comes along on your right hand/needle. Like most Cowl patterns the length and width can be adjusted easily by the number of cast on stitches and number of rows. I like that there is a dramatic effect with very little effort.         The Yarn Does It!


Last Friday, the new yarn came in the mail - Bamboo Bloom Handprints (Universal Yarn) in this beautiful color - Koi Pond.


Since it is such a "fast knit" I was able to finish this Interrupted Cowl designed by Heather Hill on Saturday.


Do you like my model? I have had "SAMANTHA" for a very long time. I must "let her out more often".                                                                                                                                                          

Actually, she made her debut in 2009 wearing a long red scarf called Canterbury Memories knit with Lamb's Pride (wool-mohair blend) worsted weight yarn. It appears as though the pattern in no longer available on the internet.

Wishes you a Beautiful Day.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to haul out all my knitting stuff. I've forgotten how now and would have to re-learn it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that type of yarn but have never had the courage to try it. Your knitting is beautiful. I remember the purple afghan you made your granddaughter many years ago. Stay dry during these awful storms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha displays your gorgeous scarves just beautifully!! Have you ever tried a ribbon scarf? I don't know if that's the right name for it, but it ripples like a beautiful wave as it's knitted. I used to do a lot of crocheting and sewing. Would so love to get back into some of that one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009