Friday, January 27, 2017

Oh, So Beautiful

I know, I'm a little late to the Amaryllis Party as I am just starting to enjoy the wonders of the plant. Unfortunately, I did not get them planted as soon as I should have when they arrived from Burpee mail order. But, none the less I feel lucky that they are blooming.

This first one is a little different than what I usually buy. I tend to buy the bright red. I actually bought two bulbs of this color. Only one has started to open. I am pretty sure the other one will be coming along.













And, now the Bright Red.       Beautiful! 




As I have said many times, my house is very dark on the inside which makes it difficult to grow indoor plants. But, I keep trying by moving them to the light. But, I have been a little (lot) lazy lately. The many days of rain and darkness do not enable me to get much done around here.

This past Monday morning was fun to watch a dusting of snow falling when I opened the drapes. It was just like decorating a cake with a sifter full of powdered sugar. Most of it had melted by the end of the day.

And, now we are having some glorious sunny days until next week when the rains start again. Our reservoirs are filling and everything is turning nice and green. But, it is Cold. I stay in where it is nice and warm. However, I did go downtown yesterday and had lunch on Main Street and sat at the window and "watched the world go by" while I soaked up the lovely sunshine!

I am not sure when or if I will be getting back to writing about family. It is more emotional for me than I thought it would be. If you have noticed the next part starts about MY memories of MY past. Not easy for me. Day by day and trying to live in the moment.

It would be nice if I had a little more going on in my life that I could write about. My thoughts bounce back and forth thinking about things I would like to do with the house and garden  (that have gotten very difficult for me) and thoughts of finding a way to make life easier without moving. If money wasn't an issue I could just get on the phone and arrange for and hire what I need. Ya, it is called delegating. And, I like that word. I can dream!

Well, maybe I will work on some crocheting. There is no lack of projects to pull out of the cupboard. I'm thinking of finishing a large colorful mandala that I can use on my dining room table. Stay tuned.

I hope you enjoyed my pretty amaryllis. Thank you for letting me share them with you.

Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. I don't have houseplants, but maybe I should. I loved the coloring of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I only have Christmas Cactus, African Violets and the Amaryllis. But, I really enjoy them even though it is difficult for me to give them enough sunlight. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful flowers! Here in the northeast we've had literally day after day after day of gray skies. And, with our dark home as well, I find it very difficult to stay upbeat. Flowers always bring a smile to my face and give me the encouragement I need to hang on until spring. My daughter just informed me this morning that it's only a month and a half until spring! Just cannot wait to get back out into that fresh air and sunshine, and start preparing my flowerbeds for this year's flowers! Oh, and to hear the beautiful sound of bird songs all around! Hugs to you, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009