Monday, October 30, 2017

It Was A Very Special Day

Since June of this year I have been working with a Psychologist in an effort to reunite my family following many years of conflict and disengagement with one another .  My door has always been open but life's unexpected circumstances and misunderstandings can quickly unravel a family .  Two of my previous posts found  here and  here will  give you some background .

Without going into specifics let me say that very slowly changes in attitude are happening.  During a recent conversation with my Daughter-in-law arrangements were made for her and my Granddaughter with my two Great Grandchildren to come for a visit.  My Daughter-in-law (who is a step-mom) lives in Southern California and she will drive to Central California where my Granddaughter lives and they will drive up to Northern California where I live.

AND,  IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY!  Totally, pleasurable.  However, I was not up to taking any photos.  My physical pain level is higher than it has been in a long time.  That's a different discussion for another time.

My Granddaughter took a lot of photos and I was delighted to see  what she posted on Facebook.  She and I have always been close. And, she has always known that I am always there for her.  But this really brought tears to my eyes.

"When I was young I used to love exploring the garden surrounding my grandma’s house. She’d take me down to the creek where I’d splash and play during the hot summer days. It was truly something special to see my own kids doing these same things today"

We also went down to the Community Park which is a wonderful park with a huge children's area. They also played in the Creek with their shoes off and had fun "skipping rocks". I wanted to share this today but I'm not feeling up to par so I hope this makes sense.
Have a Great Day.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to ready your post dear Mary. The children look beautiful and I am sure they will have memories of visiting you, your wonderful gardens and the amazing park in your town. I love that park!!! But, I am sorry to read that you are not feeling well. Please take good care of yourself and I am sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way to help speed you back to your regular self. Happy Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you Anita. It seems like a lot is going on for me with the home maintenance and must I say - aging process. Also, seeing a psychologist brings up a lot of issues from my past even though I have already worked through so much of it. Good things with family is such a blessing, but good things can also be stressful. In the near future I plan to be in contact with my daughter with hopes that some day she will have some type of relationship with her brother. Time will tell what that brings. Thank you for your constant support and caring. It means so much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, such a joy to learn of this sweet visit, and slowly but surely, family reconciliation! I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve been suffering with pain, and other stresses due to thinking through your past memories, etc. I truly hope you’re able to get relief from the pain through medicine, physical therapy or by some other means! Rest, relax and enjoy the happy, peaceful times as they come. Take care, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009