Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thanksgiving Time And Maybe Snow

And, OH, is it ever cold .  The leaves are still falling with the winds that continue to blow through .  I spent a couple hours outside trying to clean some of them up so it won't be such a mess with the rainfall and possible snow .

For many, many days I have spent a lot of time trying to install my security camera at the front of the garage .  Getting the Wi-Fi  connected with a strong signal was challenging me and I was almost at the point of yelling "I give up" .  But, you know those words are not in my usual vocabulary . The motion lights do not work correctly if the camera isn't working correctly.  I was so happy when it started working properly !

My new front porch light needed a little attention .  One of the wire nuts was not secured well . It is now fixed and all is well with the dusk to dawn light sensor.

I have new weather stripping to install on my three outdoor doors.  It amazes me with the amount of cold air that comes in without proper stripping .  My new small power drill/ driver should made that job go quickly .

This colder weather is not playing nice with my aging body and chronic pain .  But , I continue to push forward .

I recently tried a new recipe called Autumn Umami Chicken . Interestingly, one of the ingredients is PUMPKIN PUREE .  Before I go further , I was wondering what is UMAMI ?  The word was new to me .  Umami is Savory taste .  It is one of the five basic tastes) together with sweetness, sourness, bitterness and saltiness). You can taste UMAMI in foods that contain a high level of the amino acid glutamate, like Parmesan cheese, seaweed, miso and mushrooms. Along with pumpkin some of the ingredients included are chicken (duh), onion, garlic, mushrooms , rice, broth and seasoning like smokey paprika and soy sauce . Interesting ingredients !
These ingredients provide a taste that you might find in the common MSG .  It was in the late 1970's when this flavor was first introduced .

These photos are from when I was preparing this very different, earthy flavored chicken dinner entree . Would I make it again ? Yes . Recipe can be found here .

Also, I prepared a dessert called Pumpkin Dump Cake and it is sinfully GOOD.
And, so so easy! You can find the recipe and more photos here .

That's it for today .  Wishing you a Thanksgiving that meets your expectations and shows your appreciation for the life you have including the smallest of joys that you are experiencing.
 
I had to come back and add this entertaining photo that I saw on another blog.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009