Wednesday, February 26, 2020

It Was A Week Ago

That my dearest friend departed this world to join her dearest husband who passed at the age of 79 a little over a year ago on January 7, 2019.  She was 80 years old.
This beautiful photo was taken on December 28, 2019 prior to her attending the event of her son's sixtieth birthday and (would you believe) wedding. How nice of the family in sharing this photo that shows me the beauty of her soul.  She told me that she had a wonderful day - that her lady friends at the Care Facility had done her make-up (what a nice gesture) and she was very thankful for her power wheelchair that facilitated her getting around to enjoy all the activities .  It was a thrill for her to enjoy her son's wedding and all of its celebratory niceties .
During the past few years her physical challenges have been huge and I marvelled at her continued ability to rally following many serious events (including kidney failure , lower extremity neuropathy,  infections and a foot amputation to name a few) that easily could have been her last beautiful presence on this earth. Her heart and soul was filled with so much love and kindness for others.  Her joy was recognized by many if not all of the personnel who cared for her in whatever medical facility she was in .  Her need for personal care was extensive .  She was no longer able to get out of bed alone nor was she able to walk .  Her time was spent in bed or in her wheelchair .  But , she continued to participate in the planned activities of the Care Facilities . Impressive !

Her one and only son and family members were so very caring and supportive in this journey .  Her son went way beyond "the call of duty" in providing all necessary and more, provisions for his mother and father as they traveled their sunset years.

A few years ago I received a phone call from her son prior to my friends approaching birthday . He wanted to know if I could come to New York (I live in California) at his expense to celebrate her Birthday with her . What a thoughtful idea ! Unfortunately , I had reached the position of being a little fearful at my age of traveling alone in this current world with all the aspects of stress with navigating Air travel .

At one point her son had a chair lift installed in the two story home where they were living with him at the time .  Truly , lovely people !
Sending healing thoughts for the grief of the present time and beautiful memories to be celebrated and enjoyed throughout the coming lifetime for the family .


Mary

1 comment:

  1. You have written a lovely and moving tribute to your dear friend. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009