Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Very Sad Days

Written Friday - - -  Day by day my Dear Friend in New York who I met in High School is slipping away .
She has been in and out of the hospital with one very serious issue after another .  I so wish I could be with her .  Two days ago was the last time she was able to talk on the phone and I more or less was able to say goodby in the event I can't in the future . She says she is not in any pain but extremely weak and coughing continuously from the current issue of aspiration pneumonia and weak from other serious conditions that have been increasing in severity .  It really broke my heart when she said "I do not want to leave you " .  We have developed a bond like I have never experienced in my life, knowing each other inside and out with never a restriction on talking about absolutely anything .  Quite Remarkable .  And, since her husband passed a little more than a year ago and having known her from a young age has given this friendship/love an expansive dynamic !

Her son has been out of the country on a business trip and is due home on Monday .  I am certain that will be a comfort for her .
Written Tuesday - - - We were able to talk on the phone during the last two evenings which we both were very grateful . She was very alert with all of her cognitive faculties .

Tonight I received the call from my friend's son to tell me that she is moving to Palliative Care for further care .  The tears are running down my face !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend Mary,
    I pray your friend's passing is peaceful. My heart goes out to you and her family at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009