Thursday, October 8, 2020

Some More Really Good Food And A Lot More

In the kitchen again a few days ago .  This time another new recipe called Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Pesto and Tomatoes.
The sauce that bathes these ingredients really is the star of this delightful entrĂ©e .  Garlic cloves , red pepper flakes , white wine , half and half cream and basil pesto comes together as a creamy delight .
A nice Surprise from my Granddaughter.
It's Perfect !
And , it looks lovely at my front door where I can see it every time I use the front door . It sure warms my heart !
I am so excited that I may have found help with the care of my garden and home maintenance . Yesterday, all of the 16 barrels full of yard waste (weeds, leaves and pruning) from my garden work were taken to the Yard Waste Dump . And , my roof was cleaned off of lots of leaves and branches with a leaf blower and all the debris was hauled to the Dump .  Up until about three years ago I was able to get up on the roof and use the leaf blower . I rather enjoyed it and it saved money .  Those days are in the past and never to return .  

Tomorrow "The Workers" are going to bring a large portable propane tank (much larger than the barbeque size tank) and prepare my generator so that all I need to do is turn off the main electricity and turn on the switch when the power goes off .  Our last warning regarding loss of power did not effect me but did affect many in nearby locations .  I think my power stayed on because I am less than one block away from Main Street of the historical town that I live in. But , I did lose Internet connection for two days . It is my understanding that there will be a large rolling outage in California and I have no way of knowing if my location will be off .  But , it is great that I will be prepared if it is .  

We are making a list and prioritizing the other jobs that needs to be done to maintain my home the way I wish it to be . All of this is such a blessing !
What a Crazy and Frightening Federal Government with far reaching tentacles all the way to cities and little towns .

Stay Well and we must Stay Hopeful .

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Your shrimp dish looks amazing. You can never go wrong with half and half cream. I love the plaque from your granddaughter. Such good news that you were finally able to find some handymen to help with the heavy chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want to be so hopeful about the "handyman" services. They certainly have lots of physical capability and apparently the knowledge. These projects are more than "mow and blow". I know my level of expected performance has to be different than what I have done on my own in my garden and outside maintenance. I am starting to see unexpected bravado. Sure hope this works out to be acceptable. Thanks, Anita, for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a delicious looking pasta dish!
    How wonderful to have help readying your home for winter. We are getting ready here, too, and pulled all the tomato plants from the garden this morning.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009