Thursday, October 29, 2020

Baby Back

That is - RIBS .  Something again that I never have prepared . Again , oh , so easy .  On sale at the grocery store the same day I saw an easy recipe on a blog . I thought , why not ?  You know there are so many foods that I have not prepared .  I am sure if I had been married longer or had someone to cook for on a regular basis other than myself and children and then adult children for a few years I would have prepared a broader variety of foods . Because, I really like to cook for others .

Sharon's recipe https://www.gritsandpinecones.com/best-oven-baked-baby-back-ribs-and-rub/ taught me something I never would have known .  And that is how to remove the membrane from the back of the slab of ribs .  I didn't even know there was a membrane to remove .
Now , here is the rub that she used on the front and back before letting them sit awhile for the flavors to blend .
Brown sugar and lots of spices .

Pop into a 300 degree oven for one and a half hours and then cover with a generous amount of Barbecue Sauce .  Back into the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes .  And that is all there is to it .
Absolutely Delicious.

Add some Jiffy Corn Casserole https://easyfamilyrecipes.com/jiffy-corn-casserole/
and some green beans and it is another dinner or two or three dinners for the freezer .

I think it took me longer to post this with the new format than it took me to cook the food !!!

I am not sure if my patience are going to hang around much longer with this "new stuff" .  I've just spent two hours on the Internet trying to learn more about the troublesome issues many of us are having with the new format . Not much help . But , lots of frustration by commenters on google sites .

Be Sure To Vote. 

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up dear friend Mary. I would certainly miss reading about what you are up to and how life is moving on in your small town. The ribs look so tasty. Is it getting chilly up your way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. The "new stuff" isn't to bad if you don't post photos . If you want to move photos around it is a nightmare. I'm hanging on for now. Maybe when I have surgery I will take a break.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009