Saturday, August 20, 2022

Black Is Beautiful

And, especially stunning in the garden!

It is not a color that you see that often among flowers.  But, putting them in some companion planting can be outstanding. Contrasting with a bright color works well.

Also, planting them in a focal point is especially nice. These are planted at the corner of the driveway and is very noticeable with lots of Oozes and Awes! Since I have not bought any garden supplies or plants this year I thought it would be fun to show you these unusual black petunias from a couple years ago. 
And, this was a fun project from the past.  Do you ever find that for various reasons you don't continue using some creation from the past?
Hope you are enjoying a pleasant weekend.  Hopefully, I will be able to go to a garden center before long and see what mischief I can get into!  I know I will not have any difficulty buying ~~~~~ but getting the plants into the ground is the issue.

It's pretty quiet over here but hotter than I prefer!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago our local nursery had a lovely display of black and orange pansies planted around ceramic jack o'lanterns. My poor flowerpots are looking very sad, but I decided not to replant them until we return from our vacation since no one will be here to water and care for them while we are away.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009